Friday, October 31, 2008

My Side of the Story

Dear Readers,

If you read my Mom's blog, you'll see her biased account of something that happened at my house a few days ago. I think I need to set the record straight on why I had to wear this silly hat.

My Dad came home and he had the biggest bag of treats and toys I've ever seen since I've lived here. I couldn't believe my luck! I got very excited, and Dad was excited too. He took some tasty jerky of the bag and I knew if was for me, so I jumped up and took it to show him how happy I was. Well, he wasn't expecting that and didn't like it much.

I know now that this is what people call "bad manners". Bad manners happen sometimes when you get excited and forget the best way to behave. I wasn't trying to be naughty, I promise. My people put me in time out for a while, and then they made me wear this hat and pose for this picture. I took it like a man, even though they made me wait a LONG TIME for my new toy, and then the people said it was ok but I'm not allowed to jump up anymore. Then we had a snuggle and I went to bed a wiser hound.

You learn something new every day around here! If you don't, they might make you wear a silly hat and go to time out.

Love,

Hoover

No comments: