Monday, October 13, 2008

My Top Ten

Dear Mom & Dad,

Now that I've been here a while, I thought I'd tell you the things I like most about retirement and living at home.

1. Sleeping on the sofa
2. Being petted
3. My toys
4. Bruno’s toys
5. When someone tells me I’m a good boy
6. Going for walks
7. Going for a ride in the car
8. Playing fetch
9. Things that squeak
10. Breakfast, Dinner, Snacks & Treats

This isn't a complete list, but there's just so much to like about this lifestyle. If I'd have known how great it is to be retired, I would have run really, REALLY slow in ALL my races!

Love,

Hoover

PS – A couple of things I don’t like much: toenail trims, ear cleaning, and being squirted with water when I’m “naughty”. I don’t even know what naughty is, so if we could stop doing these three things and replace them with going for rides, playing fetch, and snacks that would be great!

2 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

You are too young to be retired. :-) What will you pursue as a 2nd career?

Jen

Addie said...

As much as I like napping and lazing around, you have a good point, Jen! I probably need to try coursing or something, because I do have a lot of energy and prey drive. I like running in the yard, but it's too small and sloped for me to really stretch my legs.